Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kicking and Kicking

I had my first doctors appointment on Tuesday and I was so nervous! I had no idea what to expect and I had so many questions for my doctor! Despite all of my worries everything went smoothly and I love our doctor! He is so patient and understanding and took as long as I needed to ask him all of the questions I had bouncing around.

Heath was so excited for the ultrasound and boy was it exciting! Our little pumpkin was kicking and moving around like crazy and it's heartbeat was very strong! Music to our ears! Heath asked the ultrasound tech when he would know when his boy was a boy. The tech just laughed and said 4-5 months which is in May! He will never live that down if its a girl ;)





After the high of the ultrasound, I had to get blood work done so they could check everything. That was an experience. I have never had blood drawn and the nurse thought that was crazy! I have never weighed enough to give blood and I have never had an illness where that was necessary. She filled 8 tubes of blood! I thought I was going to pass out just looking at the tubes! Luckily I was fine and didn't even get light headed!

The doctor gave me a due date of October 21, 2011 and asked me if that date was ok with me?! I thought, well doesn't it have to be?! He said some people are superstitious about dates and numbers but that date sounds perfect to me as only 5% of women actually deliver on their due date.

I see the doctor again in 3 weeks but in the mean time I am enjoying that my nausea is subsiding and I love to eat these days! Although my sense of smell is very keen which makes cooking a challenge. It seems that everything I cook does not please my nose or my stomach and its hard for me to eat things that I have cooked. My regular nausea is going away but smells definitely trigger my upset stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment